Barbara McAllister MS, MCC
Barb McAllister was a supervisor, manager and director at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for 26 years. She held increasingly responsible management and leadership positions in two regional offices as well as Headquarters. When she retired, she was Director of Air Quality for the Northwest. One of her most interesting assignments in government was Director, Office for Innovation. She enjoys hiking, yoga and meditation.
Since 2004, Barb has worked as an independent coach, consultant, and trainer. Coaching is the cornerstone of Barb’s practice, Thrive Coaching & Consulting. Barb excels in coaching stuck clients. She is a coach’s coach, and also specializes in coaching managers and leaders in government, women in transition, and individuals navigating change and adversity. Some of her newest offerings include a webinar for coaches, “How to Get Your Stuck Clients Unstuck,” that she co-leads with her partner Donna Zajonc.; mind/body/spirit retreats in beautiful locations which combine coaching with skiing, hiking and yoga; and coaching for individuals in recovery.
Barb is also known to be an expert in management, leadership and how to lead an organization through a change process.
Barb has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Bucknell University; and a Masters Degree in Special Studies from George Washington University. Barb is also a graduate of Accomplishment Coaching, and holds the MCC (Master Certified Coach) credential from the International Coach Federation (ICF). While at the EPA, Barb won EPA's national Excellence in Management Award and successfully completed the Senior Executive Service Candidate program. Barb is also certified to administer Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator and the Leadership Circle’s 360 degree feedback assessment tool. She also uses the Enneagram in her practice. Barb is both a master facilitator and a trained mediator.
Barb resides on Bainbridge Island, Washington and has three children.
Barb Specializes in working with:
- Coaches who want to take their coaching and their practice to the next level
- Women in transition: Creating powerful endings and new beginnings
- Families with a parent or child suffering from the disease of addiction
- Individuals in recovery
- Entrepreneurs starting their own business
- People recovering from a life threatening illness
- People who are resigned and feeling victimized
- Individuals looking for work/life balance
- Government Supervisors, Managers, Executives who want to step up into powerful leadership; create work/life balance; tackle difficult issues and employees; deal with conflict; and learn how to give and receive feedback
- Managers and Executives leading change
- Employees in a long standing conflict
- Underachieving employees and managers
- Managers who want to create a culture of accountability
Click here to read about Barbara McAllister MCC real world coaching demo